Just Who Is Carol Cool?
I’ve been learning to walk the tightrope of my own unbalanced life for a long time and sometimes, by God’s grace, I even manage to stay on the wire! I’m happiest when my readers and audiences are laughing, thinking, and walking away with a renewed hope that they can manage the high wire of their own lives by living authentically.
When I’m seeking advice, I want it practical, down-to-earth, and biblical, served up without pretentiousness. So that’s the way I roll with my writing and speaking as well. I’m sure I provide God with comic relief as He watches this fun-loving, talkative, transparent klutz attempt to put legs to biblical ideas. I hope you’ll come away not only with a lighter heart but also with a clearer idea that, by applying God’s Word to your life, you, too, can rise above the circus and attain the full height of who you are in Jesus.
People, Places, and Things I Love:
- Jane Austen
- Ice cream
- Panera Bread (especially its Cinnamon Crunch bagel)
- Williamsburg, Virginia
- Colin Firth (Pride and Prejudice, need I say more?)
- Cambridge and Oxford, England (I would move to England in a minute if I weren’t quite so fond of my husband, Les, whom I love most of all)
6 Questions No One Ever Asks Me:
- Could you talk a little faster?
- How did you become so graceful?
- What’s for dinner? (My husband Les does all our cooking, thankfully)
- Could you speak louder?
- Could you eat a little faster?
- Would you hold my baby? (I’m totally terrified of babies; can’t do them)
My Serious Credentials for Serious People:
- Author of more than 100 articles in a variety of national and international magazines, including in Slovenia (which I couldn’t find on a map if my life depended on it)
- Copywriter for corporate, educational, and nonprofit clients (find out more on my LinkedIn page).
- Member of the American Business Women’s Association (ABWA)
- Holder of a bachelor of arts in biblical literature (yep, a BABL degree—no wonder I talk so much) from Northeastern Bible College
- Pastor’s wife of Les who serves a church in Akron, Pennsylvania (a dot on the map of Lancaster County where passing Amish buggies is an everyday occurrence)
- Adoptive mom of Joy (she was 14 when she came to live with us) who is now also an adoptive mom of Hunter